Monday, October 27, 2014

#MemberMonday

Breanna Soroka
4th year majoring in journalism with minors in music and fashion

What about yourself do you find the most pride in and why?
  • I think I take pride most in my style--I love trying new things with what I wear and feel like most of the time it works out okay! (Unless I look like a crazy every day and no one is telling me. Oops.) 

What is the craziest thing that you have ever done in your life?
  • The craziest thing I've ever done is drive to New Jersey for Warped Tour to see one specific person perform. I'm from Youngstown, Ohio and had to leave at like 2 or 3 in the morning to pick up my cousin in New York and then shimmy on up to the venue in Jersey. It was so worth it though, I got to meet one of my favorite artists and see a ton more great bands. And I learned that I hate New Jersey. A lot.

Who would play you in a movie about your life and why?
  • If my life was made into a movie, I would want Aubrey Plaza to play me. She is even more awkward than I am (if that's even possible) and I think her cynicism is the greatest. Really she is just deadpan and dark and everything I want to be. 

What is your favorite book and why?
  • My favorite book is all of them. I can't pick just one! I would feel too badly about leaving any of them out, like the books themselves would be offended.
Lindsay Scheinbach
 4th year studying Marketing and French

What about yourself do you find the most pride in and why?
  • I have to take pride in my persistence. It may cause me a lot of stress, or may bug my friends some times, but it makes me who I am, and I think all of the great things that have happened in my life is because I've pushed through. I wouldn't be where I am today without being persistent to be the best person, student, and friend that I could be.

What is the craziest thing that you have ever done in your life?
  • I decided to study abroad in New Zealand. I didn't know anyone, I was really far away from home, and didn't realize what I was doing until basically the day before I left for that summer. Then I went, hiked volcanoes, swam under waterfalls, went to Australia and snorkeled in the Great Barrier Reef, jumped into lakes that were actually extinct volcanic craters that had filled up with water...Yeah I'd say that was pretty crazy.

Who would play you in a movie about your life and why?
  • Totally Zoe Deschanel. Don't you see the resemblance? She also dresses adorably and is super awkward, which I totally envy in her, so I want her to be me.

What is your favorite book and why?
  • I don't think I could decide on just one, but one would be Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. I think it's an inspirational book for anyone, no matter how old you are, to not be afraid of the next chapter in your life, to strive for something even better for yourself, and to be proud of who you are and what you've accomplished. Or maybe it just means I'm a kid at heart. Either way, it always makes me feel good to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment